View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
lol wow good to know. Jeez, Richard's another easygoing kind of guy, and he couldn't take it either?? if Mason caused such trouble, it would seem he was hardly worth having around. I'll take Richard and Chris over Dave any day. I wasn't impressed with anything he did on Time.
As I said earlier, that whole period would have been so much different if they had gone with Todd Sharp. I’d love to know how they skipped over him twice, especially when Mick was listening to countless audition tapes.

Another more obvious choice in 1993 would have been Mick Taylor. Bekka singing “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking?” would have been incredible in the set. “Gimme Shelter” as a Bekka-Billy duet would have been mind-blowing.

(Hey, if Lindsey could record Stones covers, Fleetwood Mac should’ve been able to do Stones songs with an ex-Stone.)

Quote:
Around what time frame did you know JC?
It was just one call in Spring, 1997, maybe a half hour or so.

There was a website called Kiln House that was claiming Bekka, Billy, and Rick were going to be auxiliary players on the tour and would be doing pre- and post-Rumours era songs because it was going to be a 30th Anniversary tour. JC laughed at that! He also dogged on Dave and said that the shows were embarrassing. Something along the lines of “With all of those songwriters, why all the covers?” (Dave Mason made the same complaint, FWIW.)

I wish I could have asked him more, but I didn’t want to be a pest.

Having been a roadie, tour managers have a ton of responsibility and don’t have time be sociable. They’re good peeps, usually.

THE Stephen Hopkins