View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think a book by Lindsey would be incredibly fascinating. Doesn’t seem likely, though. Sorry you don’t like how Stevie sounds on Ooh My Love- I loved the outtake on the Deluxe Edition but I’ll have to listen to it again to see if I can hear what you’re hearing with her vocals. As for Stevie’s least worst option, I would give that honor to When I See You Again.

Learning more about when each song was recorded for Tango would be cool, and certainly interesting. I wonder if Christine had any idea at the time how stellar her contributions were? Or any of the band members, for that matter. Little Lies, Isn’t It Midnight, Everywhere, Mystified… not a bad song in the bunch! And why Down Endless Street didn’t make the album over Family Man is hard to comprehend.

I wanted to add, it’s always been curious to me that Lindsey left when he did. I totally understand that making that album was not fun for him, but the thing is, the worst was over: Stevie went to rehab and quit drugs, Mick knocked off the drugs, and the album was complete. By all accounts, Stevie, the biggest problem at the time, was doing well at that point, and totally recommitted to touring with them. I wonder if the tour had gone well, if that would have kept them together and with another album following. Moot point, but this post got me thinking ‘what if?’
The worst was not over. You work with addicts so you know addicts usually relapse or substitute another substance. Stevie started klonopin and she even said in the interview that it caused her to not show up or show up late. I really dont think Lindsey was going to trust her especially since she could not even complete the 30 days in rehab and ran away after 28 days. Mick's substance abuse continued well after Tango. A recovering addict cant be around parties and other drug users. I think the experience of making the album just made him want to cut ties with these people. I think Mick even acknowledged that bringing drug dealers to Lindsey's house was so wrong. There is a photo of Stevie smoking one of her kool 100's sitting in a chair next to Lindsey during the Tango sessions. Stevie looks so tired or completely wasted and Lindsey is looking at her almost trying to peak her interest. That photo does not say "I'm clean, lets go on tour"

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-28-2022 at 04:22 AM..