View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Carol's book has lot of interesting, curious stories, like the night at Eric Clapton's home. But to me it's more like a collection of episodes, and almost gossip. I never "got hooked" to the book, actually never finished.

Mick Fleetwood's book is far better, looks more authentic (though I know many people questioned it) and very good written. I've read it lot of times, the first time I read it continously for several hours until I fell asleep (actually i bought in Europe so I started it in the 15 hours flight )

Those little stories were fun--probably my favorite part of the book. You're right about it feeling like episodes, though--it really wasn't cohesive at all. I don't think she's much of a storyteller.
I'm not sure, though, what made the book so boring. Since it's a topic all of us here are obviously interested in, you would think it would hold a little more interest, in spite of the princess-y tone. The "groupie" comment is an interesting one. She obviously wasn't--they did have a real, long-term relationship. But because the books lacks introspection, it does feel like she didn't really know the band (aside from Lindsey) at all, in spite of touring with them for years. She talks endlessly about being in the inner circle, and no doubt she was, but she writes as though blithely detached from it.

This is, BTW, the most positive review of Mick's book I've heard. I've considered reading it, but heard it was dull and unreliable. You recommend it, though?