View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 03:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Sarah, I thought about DOR the same way. I think it remains a great song but style-wise to me it is a difference. SGTYM though seems to fit perfectly imo. The reverb/echo sound of his voice, this hall-effect, is there in nearly every song.

I guess we now suffer from our GOS knowledge. To the most of us there now only were a couple of songs new. Therefore perhaps the flow of the album seems to be disturbed. With the exception of DOR, I think that is not the case for someone who hears the entire thing for the first time.

And the GOS album would have been great, yes. It wouldn`t have sold more, but that`s a different topic. In a way Murrow, Red Rover and Come have their wrong place on a FM album.
This is true. I never heard any of the GOS songs, save for a small bit of DOR very early on and only once. So the whole of UTS is new to me and therefore, sounds cohesive to my ears. I try not to listen to pre release demos because I cherish my CDs and want them to be fresh and new for as long as possible. Perhaps that's one reason I'm not a big demo fiend. Although I don't mind listening to the demos after the fact, as more of a historical reference. Believe me, it takes a lot of will power to NOT listen to early cut demos. So when you were a kid did you peek at your wrapped Christmas packages when they were under the tree?