Thread: Holiday Road
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 01:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Something I find odd

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
Lindsey's invited everyone except Stevie to help out on his albums. Although John never appeared on one, during the Dance's "isn't that weird" story, Lindsey mentions inviting him to lay down bass for his "upcoming" solo album.

Of course, Stevie didn't invite him until TISL, but still.

Perhaps it's because, since Stevie was so visible in the group, having her on a solo album would equate a Fleetwood Mac song to the public? Or was it an intentional snub, considering their history? I just think it's weird that Lindsey would rather manipulate his voice to sound like Stevie than actually ask her to participate on something of his! At least pre-Dance.

Just an observation.
I think he's made the observation that he's been in that situation (at least twice now - TITN and GOS) and he's said that "it's one step away from a Fleetwood Mac album". In general I think he thinks it'll be too commercial if Stevie made an appearance. No one in the band has that much command in the commercial eye except for Stevie. I'd think he would just want to separate himself from the notion that it's automatically FM if she sings on his songs by just avoiding it altogether.
-Brian
P.S. Regarding The Dance, it seems to me Stevie wasn't really ever in the plans with GOS. It looks to me that the way it went was that John, Mick, Lindsey, and Christine were laying down tracks and they all thought "well hey, let's get Stevie in on this too". I don't know, it just really seems to me that there was (and may still be) the band, and Stevie with the band. That's just me probably...
-Brian