Thread: Holiday Road
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
All these years of listening to this song- I never really considered the female vocal. When I was young I assumed it to be Stevie. Later in life I assumed it to be some unknown singer or even a girlfriend.
Never in a million years did I ever consider it was Lindsey himself.
After listening to it today though, I decided to look up who it was and couldn't find anything.
I feel silly asking this, but can somebody confirm it really was Lindsey after all? Considering what he did on TITN its clear he was able to pull off just about any sonic trickery he wanted. Even so, for 1983 that's just so convincing.
When Big Love came out many speculated the grunting sounds were Stevie even though they sounded nothing like her. It was Lindsey's voice. I hope he does write a book and talk at length what he did with Tango.
I was shocked, floored and could not believe that the Family Man bridge was not Stevie. It sounds like her but when I heard it was not her, I could hear it was Lindsey and it blew my mind.