View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Dont flame me but I think our fandom is going to be hurt just like with the set lists. I bet its going to be a very commercial CD of mostly her hit singles. Good grief YES it would be a dream to hear Brown Eyes with strings, etc. I bet Songbird is going to be the least commercial song on the album. Now if anything should be played with strings its Oh Daddy I bet we wont even get hits like Love In Store and Think About Me
Sadly, you could be right about this. It’s just really hard to say. After all, surely they (and I’m not sure who ‘they’ is) will realize that this album will appeal to huge Fleetwood Mac fans, so it makes sense they’ll include the big hits. Songs like Love in Store and Think About Me were not big hits, so while I like those songs a lot, I would be surprised if they’re included. Still, FM had performed Think About Me recently live, so maybe.

I didn’t include As Long As You Follow because I wasn’t sure the song would be a good choice for orchestra, considering how prominent Rick Vito’s guitar playing is. DownOnRodeo convinced me otherwise, though. I also think Christine likes Brown Eyes, it’s one of the few Tusk songs she’s performed more than one tour, and I’m fascinated to hear it with an orchestra. Oh Daddy is a possibility because it’s on Rumours, which makes it well known.

I was thrilled to see that the Christine McVie forum on the Ledge had more viewers than any other forum here, including the Rumours lineup. It’s awesome to see Christine get some love here, usually her forum is pretty quiet.