View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie has a lot of songs in The Vault. She said in 2014 she wanted to make a second songs from the vault. I hope she does.
Amazing and puzzling why she does not put that second vault album out and tour it.

Quote:
The point about TITN and BTM is that her songs are the weakest on those albums?
Exactly the point. When Lindsey says she has dried up recently, it’s a little cringe to think that she actually dried up thirty years ago. I mean, despite a few scattered cool songs, she hasn’t been operating at the level of a great songwriter in at least that long (for me personally, it’s even longer). She hasn’t written a “Sara” in forty years — and a “Dreams” or a “Gold Dust Woman” in Jesus years. Her burst of powerful songwriting energy in her mature years never arrived, and I expected it to. Her big statements as a lyricist, with all those songs that captured a generation, ended before middle age. We keep wanting her to return to the fore with an essential batch of songs, but she seems unable to funnel all that middle-age wisdom into songs that equal or exceed her earlier great work.

moviekinks.blogspot.com