View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

IMO Lindsey was perfect on White and Rumours- flawless everything and the songs stand the test of time. Starting with Tusk though, he somehow forgot that people have to listen to his songs and find enjoyment in them, although not all bad, his production choices left potentially good songs just hanging.

I like Save me a Place, but not keen on:

That's all for Everyone- good idea, but lyrically goes nowhere, we never get to the reason why he's concluded that's all-but the song isn't quite exactly what we needed.
That's Enough for Me- I like the idea and such but like Christine once said- "**** that's fast"- she's right, and the song is hard to keep up to as a listener.
The Ledge- this could have been a cooker of a track with sensible production and larger than life backing vocals from Stevie- a la Second Hand News- but sounds rushed and poorly executed.
Murrow Turning Over in His Grave- I dig the cool Guitar intro but once he starts singing, Murrow probably actually turned over in his grave.
Can't Go Back- I used to like it but now I don't the music box stuff is annoying and ruins what was building to be the famous trifecta of amazing songs to start an album.

Bubbling Under- most of his Tango songs border on pretentious, but are better overall than the above. If Say You Will had been a 10 song album, some of his tracks were bordering on great, had he dropped the tinny sound.