View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 06:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default FM/Genesis

While I enjoyed the 18/19 tour myself, I would definitely have preferred it be a Rumours 5 farewell tour (as I imagine the original intent was anyway). An album would have been a bonus but it doesn't seem to be in the cards. In a future where some warped version of FM tours again, I wonder if we'll all be arguing whether it is or isn't FM with Lindsey but no John...?

Love Christine and am glad she came back but the OWTS tour was her last go round with consistent vocals and playing. Was a little sad to see her struggle during 18/19 though it was awesome to see her pull a Time song out. I don't think we'll ever hear Songbird again...and that's ok. I've got my memory of the Columbus show and a video to tide me over. And John has more than earned a rest. I go for the music, not so much that it's a tour under the Fleetwood Mac name. I can be ok with Fleetwood & Friends if it has Christine, Lindsey, maybe Stevie if she comes down off her solo high horse.

Looking forward to being able to attend a concert again in the future...and I really hope Genesis comes back. While I'll always take the 'Genesis was better w/Peter Gabriel side,' the last Genesis tour was a hell of a good time and the recent Collins solo shows had some great vocal performances. He still has it. In my dreams we get a full-on FM reunion, album, and select farewell performances...and a Lamb Lies Down tour with Peter Gabriel era Genesis. A boy can dream!