View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
There was that Largo, MD 1983 Wild Heart show that was professionally recorded. Stevie was high as a kite so IMHO thats why it was not professionally released.
I always figured that footage was intended for marketing. MTV used a snip of “If Anyone Falls” for a mini Stevie Nicks profile in 1984–85. But who knows? I remember seeing a small snippet of “Outside the Rain” from the September 25, 1983, gig at Compton Terrace, a City of Hope benefit with Loggins and Walsh, in an MTV Nicks profile. Some of these performances were filmed to provide clips in news reels and such. (Invariably the wrong performances were filmed for marketing, never the extraordinary ones.)

Quote:
But yes to your point, all those shows would be incredible high or not. I saw a horrendous Wild Heart show in Pittsburgh but I would kill to see the video of it if it existed
A bad Wild Heart show would always be worth seeing on film. But if I had to choose the bad performances or the great ones, give me the great ones. Give me the Forum, Irvine Meadows, and such, where Stevie reinvented boutou and mask drama from the theater traditions of the Ming and late imperial China. Sleeve movements, shadow play, and Xiansheng round out Stevie’s artistic traditions during the final few months of the 1983 tour.

moviekinks.blogspot.com