View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Does anyone remember the Westwood 1 radio concert during RAL. It was her live RAL concert with interviews.
I remember a Westwood One broadcast from Weedsport NY 6.20.86:
  • Outside the Rain
  • Dreams
  • Talk to Me
  • I Need to Know
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Leather and Lace
  • Stand Back
  • Stop Dragging the Ol’ Heart Around
  • How Still My Love
  • Edge of Seventeen
  • Rhiannon

It feels unlikely to me that a reissue would include an old Westwood One radio show. I think those things were put out quickly, without much fuss or care (such as balancing everything properly or patching in). The radio simulcasts had no status, no high profile, and source reel-to-reels have probably all been lost. There probably isn’t a Westwood One anymore, or its licensing model from the old days has changed. There was a tour special in 1983, too, but it used three new performances from Oakland 10.02.83 and combined them with the Fox Wilshire recording from 1981.

Fleetwood Mac obviously recorded a lot of concerts in the old days — more than we thought until they released these deluxe packages — but I don’t know whether Stevie Nicks performances were taped that widely by her organization. I would kill to get hold of digital transfers from source tapes of any of the following:
  • Houston (opening night in 1981)
  • Irvine Meadows (Sept 1983)
  • Forum (Oct 1983)
  • Oakland Coliseum (Oct 1983)
  • Tulsa (Nov 1983)
  • Los Angeles (Sept 1985 w/Tom Petty)
  • Jones Beach (June 1986)
  • Forum (July 1986)
  • Madison Square Garden (Aug 1986)
  • Guest spots with Tom Petty from 1981–83

If anyone needs a great idea for a deluxe release, I suggest a Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks package of stage performances from 1981 on, with audio, photos, David Wild liner notes, and so on. The Heartbreakers toured for Hard Promises and did a good number of summer, fall, and winter shows with Stephanie. The public is still quite turned on by the idea of Petty + Nicks — when the awards show puts a photo of the two of them up, the audience OOHs and AAHs, and dozens of articles are printed on the two of them every year. The idea of Stevie and Tom as a musical pair is still sexy to people (actually a lot sexier than the idea of Stevie and Lindsey).

moviekinks.blogspot.com