View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Crystal (lovely song, but sounds ridiculous with Lindsey singing it)
Don’t Stop (it’s just hokey, particularly the production)
What Makes You Think You’re the One (that intro is just obnoxious, especially following the dreamy Sara)
Oh Diane (just no…)
Family Man (okay, the production on this one is still awful)

Interesting how every song I chose had Lindsey as a singer. While I arguably respect Lindsey the most musically, his constant boundary pushing and experimentation didn’t always result in timeless or even good music.
I disagree with some of your selections, but your commentary was funny and pretty hard to argue with LOL! Just no, indeed to Oh Diane! What Makes You Think You’re the One is a favorite of mine, but your comment about how obnoxious it sounds after the sublime Sara is a really good point. If I recall correctly, and I’m going by memory here, on the Tusk 2 vinyl set my family had, Sara was the last song on one side, so we had to get up, take the album off the record player, and flip it over, all of which gave us a few moments to kind of pause between the two songs. With the album on CD, no flipping required LOL so I can see how the lack of transition between Sara and WMYTYTO can be jarring, obnoxious even. Cool point.

I do have to say, though, that Crystal is one of my all time favorite songs, due in large part to Lindsey’s beautiful vocal. It’s such a Stevie song, and most people would expect to hear her voice on it, so hearing the guy who sang GYOW, the Chain, I’m So Afraid, etc singing about mountains and crystal like fountains makes for a fascinating juxtaposition. Love the accapella intro.