View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come on, you can't do only a Top 5!! I was trying to put 5 but only from the first albums with her I counted more! My Top 5 of Chris' angelical songs is:

- Brown Eyes. The amazing vocals of Chris at her best, with Peter's guitar at the end, and that hypnotic melody from the beginning
- Love In Store. A perfect way to open an almost perfect album. Lindsey and Stevie Nicks' backing vocals are simply a good complement to the song
- Come A Little Bit Closer. One of the most romantic and beautiful ballads I even heard!! Bob Welch solo, another good moment there!
- Hollywood (Another Kind Of Town). Chris at a more mature way, talking about her "negative"? to take part on the Time project. It has a good time extension, and pretty lyrics too
- Sooner Or Later. Simply perfect. One of her best songs ever. And it's incredible to know that she recorded it alone, just with a session guitar player and not so much, and then the rest added their parts and completed a truly masterpiece...

And my special mentions go to:
- Everywhere. A classic one, every year when I hear it I find it fresh and sticky!
- Over & Over. Another good one, to break the Rumours' atmosphere and introduce us to the Tusk days
- Homeward Bound. Christine as a rocker?? Yeah! A good rock song in a good album like Bare Trees.
- Wish You Were Here. (I said it before) The perfect way to close an almost perfect album. Long, emotional, and the piano mixing with the guitar is simply awesome...
- Warm Ways. One of my favourite ballads from FM, a good work of Lindsey on guitars