View Single Post
Old 02-19-2023, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’ve heard from Dave Mason fans years ago that he’s kind of an asshole. The article where they interviewed guys from his ‘70s band said he wasn’t much of a people person.

I watched a Facebook live stream interview with Dave and Mick. Mick said he was perfectionist. Dave seemed a little high strung and twitchy. Mick’s book said there were issues between Dave and Bekka and Richard said he left Time because of Dave. Also, John Courage’s exact words to me on the phone were “Dave Mason is an asshole.”
lol wow good to know. Jeez, Richard's another easygoing kind of guy, and he couldn't take it either?? if Mason caused such trouble, it would seem he was hardly worth having around. I'll take Richard and Chris over Dave any day. I wasn't impressed with anything he did on Time.

Around what time frame did you know JC?

He had a bit of an assholey reputation himself according to some people lol, he scared the **** out of me and Marty on the day we met John before a show. I saw him coming down the hallway to tell John how many minutes he had left and I mumbled aloud, 'Oh sh*t.' John actually turned around to see what I was referring to and then chuckled.

Then when he came down a second time, I knew we had to wrap it up, John started scratching at his neck and gestured back in JC's direction saying , 'I gotta get back there...' and i was like 'Yess, you better!' JC was the reason I was too afraid to even take out my camera (which was hidden in a false bottom of my big purse...back in the days when you weren't allowed to take cameras into concerts...) and get a picture with John. argh that still irritates me but i thought he'd either take the camera or throw us out!

But I know he was only doing his job. he was a loyal chap. I read somewhere that when he was dying, i think in hospice, they hung fleetwood mac posters around his room because the band had been such a source of pride in his life.

--Lis