View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Christine and Steve Winwood were pretty close, weren't they? I'm not insinuating that they were a couple but they seemed to have a great respect for one another. Winwood did work on Christine's 1984 album too.
They knew each other for such a long time. He carried her books on the way home from school, yes?

Quote:
Besides whatever personal interactions Christine had with Dave, she probably heard tales from Winwood about him which only furthered her dislike of him.
It wouldn’t surprise me.

Quote:
I've never felt that Dave was a good fit for Fleetwood Mac. It always felt like a square peg going into a round hole.
Yeah, he was absolutely not a fit at all. That screwiness was most pronounced in concert. Saw him twice with Mac in Central California at a resort (94 and 95), and he acted like a backup guy with his mind on the day’s shopping or something.

Although I do have to hand it to Dave and Capaldi because they managed to mildly entertain 34,000 people waiting to see Fleetwood Mac at the LA Forum two nights running with just their acoustic guitars when they were pulled in last minute to open. (They weren’t even billed in the paper.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com