View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Christine and Steve Winwood were pretty close, weren't they?
I don’t think they were as close as some thought. His tribute made it seem like they were more acquaintances than pals.

Christine’s dislike of Dave was its own thing. Mick said Bekka had an issue him and Richard discussed his own issues with Dave, who had been a friend prior to Time. So, it wasn’t just Christine. Dave sounded like a real…character. (Seeing him on Saturday, BTW. Second row!)

Quote:
Todd Sharp certainly didn't have a name but he would have been a better choice all around. He already had a history with those in the group sans John and his presence MAY have helped Christine change her mind about touring.
I wonder if something happened between Todd and the others or if Rick Vito was just the last guy Mick talked to before Lindsey quit? Or maybe Stevie thought adding Billy AND Todd went a step too far as far a balance of power/band dynamics?

In hindsight, not going with Todd in 1987 was a huge mistake. Todd had recent success collaborating with Christine, which was more relevant to Fleetwood Mac fans in 1987 than Peter Green. He would have been a better choice as far a chemistry was concerned. I get the vibe he wasn’t enthusiastic about being a frontman after his album didn’t do anything and would have been happy letting Billy do the heavy lifting. Assuming Stevie quit and Christine retired from touring, I think Todd would have kept the band from fracturing, maybe giving us an early-90s Fleetwood Mac album instead of Shakin’ The Cage, Gotta Band, and Coming Home.

Rick had solo aspirations and I get the vibe he never fully embraced the Fleetwood Mac community. Dave was just simply the wrong fit all around.

THE Stephen Hopkins