View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
It is. When you mentioned Magritte I googled and found this.

The video for this song was inspired in large part by the works of the Belgian painter Magritte, whose paintings appear in the clip. It was directed by Steve Barron and shot in the Mojave Desert. The combination of extreme heat and band tension made for a very difficult shoot. Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks had all started solo projects, and getting the band to collaborate was a lesson in futility. The video's producer Simon Fields said in I Want My MTV by Craig Marks, "John McVie was drunk and tried to punch me. Stevie Nicks didn't want to walk on the sand with her platforms. Christine McVie was fed up with all of them They were a fractious bunch."

The video was subpar, but it was a fresh Fleetwood Mac video, which was good enough for MTV, which in 1982 was desperate for new clips by rock artists, especially established ones. Fleetwood Mac's video for "Tusk" was one of the few they had available when they launched on August 1, 1981.

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/fleetwood-mac/hold-me
The video was sun-par….really? What’s this guy talking about? Despite all the tensions, I think they produced an absolute gem. I think it’s a brilliant video. Not Gypsy level, but not too far away.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood