View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think a Deluxe Edition is more likely than other people seem to think. Besides the CD+G on the original CD, there’s also the unreleased songs like Game of Love (my favorite) and Victim of Love, the MTV special that featured the Shaking the Cage tour without those unnecessary Stevie reshoots, the Red Rocks concert where they performed Skies the Limit for the video, and songs from the Chain box set and Greatest Hits, such as As Long As You Follow, No Questions Asked, Paper Doll, Love Shines, and Heart of Stone.

Does anyone know if the entire Red Rocks concert was filmed for the Behind the Mask tour, or just the song Skies the Limit?

I absolutely agree with your desire to see Mirage rereleased on dvd, and with all the songs included, not just the ones on the original release. Same thing with the Tango in the Night dvd, again without the Stevie reshoots.

The other thing I would love to have would be the BTM lineup appearance for either Japanese or Chinese television, where they lip synced to many songs from BTM. It used to be on YouTube, and I’m certain I remember them ‘performing’ Freedom, Love is Dangerous, When It Comes to Love, and many other songs from that album. Does anyone know what I’m referring to here?
I think BTM deserves to get a Deluxe Release like the 75-87 albums got.
I just don't believe it will happen.
I think Billy and Rick are tremendous musicians and fine singers (even though Rick's a rightwinger... bless him) but I don't think Warner or the band want to put that era back out there; 75-87 is where the mainstream's at.
2018-2019 Tour was considered a 50th Anniversary Tour and BTM got no love. If Billy and Rick were hired over Neil and Mike, they probably wouldn't have done any BTM songs in the setlist either... which is sad.
Saddest is that Time got one song because Stevie heard it on the the Sirius FM channel and it fit in with moving on from Lindsey. I wish they did stuff from BTM and Time live on 2018-19.