View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It's interesting because Hypnotized is a classic rock radio staple so it's not like an unknown song. Storms was on The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac which sold well. And Isn't it Midnight is such a bouncy song.

I thought people would dig Sad Angel live but if they never heard it, they don't want to hear it.
In Cleveland, they performed Storms and Hypnotized, but had dropped them by the time they came to Columbus. Oh man, I was so bummed! I was thankful to hear Isn’t It Midnight before it, too, was dropped.

It’s interesting to me how well received Silver Springs was during the Dance tour. I suspect if it hadn’t gotten such glowing reviews from the critics during the televised special, along with all those dramatic closeups of Stevie and Lindsey singing to each other, then that song would have been dropped at some point during the tour. Silver Springs was a deep cut, and most of America had never heard it, but it went over incredibly well. I suspect if Storms or Beautiful Child had been performed for that concert instead of Landslide, there’s a decent chance they would have been hits, too. The audience had been conditioned to love Landslide, and to see that hug afterwards with Lindsey. Just a thought.