View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Sorry, but Free Falling does not belong in a Fleetwood Mac set especially as an encore. So many great songs to choose from that she could have sent a wave out to Petty- but this, is not working. Pick any song that she really likes and put a Petty spin on it and voila, there you have it. Storms would've fit the bill. There had to have been a song of hers that Petty really liked no? At least they followed it up with a Christine rarity, although that apparently is now gone from the set. Also, with Crowded House reuniting, why keep DDITO in the set, or bringing back I've got You? Not to mention dropping Hypnotized, Tell Me All the Things You Do and Isn't it Midnight while keeping this?
I agree with most of what you say but the mostly Nicks inspired audience fell asleep during Hypnotized and Isn't it Midnight so they were removed from the set. Free Fallin as the encore actually fits this bill pretty good. Its the whole purpose this tour is happening that Stevie fired Lindsey and brought a Heartbreaker into the Mac. So with that, it makes perfect sense.