View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
How cool is technology these days, that I've had ~real time~ online discussions with Rick Vito, Bekka Bramlett, and Bob Welch? Just been trading comments with Rick, on his new signature guitar line, that Reverent Guitars put out.
....Of course the technology isn't what makes those members accessible. It's just the natural, humble nature of the artists. I can't imagine Stevie, Lindsey, or my beloved Christine, ever bothering to do that!
I do agree about humble nature, specially after reading all those short laconic and succinct.. almost reluctant answers at the Ask Stevie section of the nicksfix.com (after all, I think nobody forced her to open that section, so what did she agree? I never understood, it was like she didn't enjoy answering, then why??), I think your comment applies specially on Stevie.

But on the other hand, can you imagine going to every place and everybody wants to tell you Hello!!, ask for a picture (or just take them without asking you), an autograph, touch you, hug you, etc.? Almost impossible to run some errands alone, stop at a gas station, hang around in Disney World, walk in your street with your dog, enter the Louvre museum, walk in Sunset Blvd., enjoy the sand in Venice beach etc..

Bekka, Rick and the others weren't that famous (maybe Bob was), and their fame momentum were shorter than the Rumours lineup singers. I guess Lindsey, Stevie, Chris, got reeeeally tired of fame during the 70s and 80s. Oversaturated actually. So I'm not surprised they are not accesible at all.

I like to go Broadway theatres every time I go to NYC. Once I saw Tom Hanks with Rita and their sons. He was very serious and entered and left the theatre thru a backstage door (even at intermission) so there was llitle chance to contact him. I just saw him few seconds. Of cours he didn't want to be annoyed. Of course I didn't try to reach him for an autograph or something. I considered it completely inaapropiate.

The 2nd time I saw a movie star was again at a Broadway theatre. It was Whoopi Goldberg. She remained seated during the intermissions (2 friends at her sides) but she was very smiling and friendly so I dared to ask her for an autograph and she signed it for me, very kind.

Yes you are right, there are people and people. But I wouldn't blame on Tom, Stevie, Christine, Prince Charles, etc. I can't imagine how difficult their life must be, in many aspects.

Privacy is something I would never give up (as freedom). In fact privacy is a kind of freedom.