View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Just curious which shows sold out? I only know of the LA and NYC shows. I stll think though that the tour was successful becuase of the opener. The reason I say this is becuase why in 2011-2012 did she book small venues like Seneca Falls Casnio, Fox Theater in Detroit etc. She had a top 10 album lots of Tv appearances etc yet the most of her arena shows were opening for Rod.

I think if she booked a new solo tour with nothing to promote and no big well known opener she wouldn't be playing 20,000 seat arena's. Since I have been a fan ( 2001- now) her tours solo have been in ampitheaters mainly with some exceptions .
Remember the Pretenders did not like Stevie's touring schedule for being off too many days. They did their own mini tour within Stevie's tour. They played small theaters in neighboring towns. I was at the Pittsburgh show that was partially filmed. Maybe you could grab tickets but the arena had no empty seats except the ones behind the stage. While the Pretenders were a terrific opening act, I only saw Stevie's fans there. When the 24K gold tour was announced, check out the thread here. I went on the record saying the same thing that Stevie could never still fill an arena. Tickets sold slowly at first but as the days dragged on, the arenas got full. I scored fantastic seats because of how full the arena was. I never bought my tickets till late. The arena was so full that they eventually opened this small part next to the stage and I grabbed them up immediately. So close that I got to see Stevie's dogs and could see her backstage before the lights went out. Her assistant or Matthew or someone brought the dogs out and there were some women in my row that had backstage passes and were some sort of VIP's. She was grossing over 1 million on many nights which was similar to On With The Show on some nights. The tour was so successful that they almost ran out of places to play. I think this is why Stevie wanted some shows taped late in the tour. She was aware that these shows were incredible and maybe would not happen again.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-06-2020 at 03:37 PM..