View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Absolutely he should still be in the Eagles. Just like Lindsey should be in FM. You CAN'T fire an integral member of the band,unless you're just a crazy, self absorbed b*tch.

I've become a much bigger Eagles fan over the past few years, and I've always tried to figure out who's the bigger As*hole, Don or Glenn? I've watched History of the Eagles a million times now. Don is pompous, but in most of the old footage, Glenn is just a first class PRICK. NOT LIKEABLE AT ALL. ~My personal take~ of it all is that Glenn was VERY jealous that Don became the STAR of the Eagles.....HIS band, and he never learned to deal with it. Glenn mellowed out in the later years, but I'd like to slug him in all of the old videos.
I think your assessment is spot on. Don is just a surly guy in general. Glenn was a complete prick. Even that famous threat/fight on stage with Felder at their last show in 1980, he comes off as such a complete bully/jerk. The swing of the pendulum from Glenn to Don as the 'voice of the band' is why they can still go on with just Don as an original member. I honestly don't know if it would work as well with someone being pulled in to replace Henley's vocals. His voice is too unique and too big a part of many of their main songs.

I did laugh during the documentary about the reunion in 1994 where Don and Glenn both stated they had the main solo careers that sustained interest in the band for 14 years. That's true to a point...but Don's solo career was a LOT more successful than Glenn's. Either way, they f'd over Don Felder. They had a contract to evenly split things. It was the band's way since inception and it was a garbage thing to do after all of those years.