View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Is this the end of the line?
If you’re talking about this lineup, I don’t think there’s anything else they can or need to say. They’ve been doing their Vegasy shows for about a year and a half — unless they want to continue bringing the circus to a “town near you” for years to come, or plant themselves in Vegas for a very long engagement.
Otherwise, they seem to be done. What would they do while Stevie Nicks is on the road for 2020—21?

The only thing I can think of (and I’d rather not) is Fleetwood Mac morphing yet again into another lineup — to do what, I don’t know. You need names to tour big league the way they’ve been doing for two years, so if you’re going to hire more people, you’d better find names. This band seems to have no further interest in a studio life, so all they can do is be year-round entertainers. I used to cringe when they’d saturate the market, but no more — every show they do is a supersaturation point.

Fleetwood Mac is life-supported to the boomers. “Buckingham McVie” doesn’t seem quite the right way to go out for a titan such as Fleetwood Mac. Melodic as it is, that album is kind of inconsequential, breaks no new ground, and musically retreads 1980s high points. Its a genteel little album whose purpose seems to be dipping its dainty little feetsies in a hot tub of nostalgia.

moviekinks.blogspot.com