View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msLinds View Post
I wanted to let everyone know that reads this John Lennon/Beatles Mega Thread.That the Ledge moderators send me a message yesterday telling me, that this sunday 6/3 this thread will be deleted from the Chit Chat area of the Ledge.
This thread was started by me for John Lennon's 70th birthday back in 2010.I really loved posting news on it to share it with everyone.It was getting 1000's of views every month.It got up to over 66 thousand views this thread.I'm sure everyone has noticed how numbers go up every week and month.Either Fleetwood Mac has a lot Beatles fans.Or the Beatles have a lot of Fleetwood Mac fans. Or some Beatles fans found this thread on the Ledge.
Well I'm so sorry to hear that MsLinds. Your point that the thread was getting thousands of views--on a blog that has ads that depend on views--just goes to show you how stupid the moderators on The Ledge are. I'm sorry I didn't contribute to the thread, but really the whole forum has degraded into blather. I will put whatever energy I have towards posting on Beatlelinks, where I'm sure they would not be so short-sighted as to delete a successful thread. Unless it was derogatory or truly offensive, I see no reason to delete it. Oh well, like I said, I think the energy is better spent over on Beatlelinks. And your efforts are much more appreciated over there as well, I'm sure ;-)