View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default This thread is being deleted this sunday 6/3/2012

I wanted to let everyone know that reads this John Lennon/Beatles Mega Thread.That the Ledge moderators send me a message yesterday telling me, that this sunday 6/3 this thread will be deleted from the Chit Chat area of the Ledge.

Because for a long time now I have been the only one contributing to the Beatles thread and it's not really a discussion any more. It's more like a Beatles stream or monologue that only you update and enhance. While the information in it is great, it seems more suited for a Beatles website or blog than it does for Chit Chat at this point, because no one is actually chatting. For this reason, they want to remove the thread.Because It doesn't seem to be a matter of general interest for this particular forum.

The message the moderators send me,was respectful and understanding explaining the reasons for deleting this thread from the Chit Chat area.After thinking about it myself.I think its for the best and I approve of it being deleting from Chit Chat area.Since I really don't have as much the time to update it everyday anymore.Also I am busyer in my personal life to etc.

Or maybe they might consider just locking it.So all the articles and news updates and information.Could be saved and just read in the future by people wanting to go back and read the older archives.I know sometimes,some threads are just locked.I have all the articles that have been posted here saved on my own computer allready for my own archives.

This thread was started by me for John Lennon's 70th birthday back in 2010.I really loved posting news on it to share it with everyone.It was getting 1000's of views every month.It got up to over 66 thousand views this thread.I'm sure everyone has noticed how numbers go up every week and month.Either Fleetwood Mac has a lot Beatles fans.Or the Beatles have a lot of Fleetwood Mac fans. Or some Beatles fans found this thread on the Ledge.

For anyone that still wants to read Beatles related news.I am posting one link to one the biggest and I think one of the best Beatles message boards on the internet.You don't have to register to read it.I am not a moderator on it.But its updated all the time with news and cool Beatles related on it.Also the moderators there are fair, cool and respectful and do a great job. Or use Google to find other Beatles message boards or Beatle news web sites for news updates etc.

Thank You to the owner of the Ledge and the moderators that have allowed this thread to go on for long as it has.Thanks to everyone that has read it,posted and helped to keep this thread going for so long. Its been a great run.I'm proud and happy and loved sharing this with all of you.Fleetwood Mac is still my favorite band and allways will be my number one love in music.I love the Beatles music and their solo music to.They are number 2 on my favorite bands list.Everyone have a safe,positive and great summer.Take care of yourselves and be good to each other.I 'm sending you all positive energy, prayers and my love. hugs
Linds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBXHs...eature=related

http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/index.php?

Last edited by msLinds; 05-31-2012 at 12:42 PM..