View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree with what you write but for opposite reasons. I like the uptempo SYW songs. SYW is pure Lindsey and I dont understand the hate the album gets on this board. Its nothing short of brilliant. There is so much creativity on this album it blows me away. You get raw oddities like Illume and tremendous rockers like Everybody Finds Out. The Mac has never jammed like that before. You also get delicious pop songs like Thrown Down and a very good Running Through The Garden. IMHO people dont like it because it was not commercially successful. One thing I noticed about this board is the more successful the album is commercially, the more love it gets here. Of course Christine is missing and that would have improved the album. But for the love of God, we all bitch about wanting new music and creative stuff. SYW was that answer yet people hate it, I dont get it. We all wanted them to dive deep into creating creative music without the pressure of pop charts and SYW was that answer. The same people who praise Tusk for its coldness and aloofness criticize SYW for its coldness
You had me until you ran through that garden.

In the DR when Lindsey was crying or pretending to cry or doing whatever the heck he was doing and Stevie was awkwardly twirling her hair (like, “oh geez, this is TMI"), he also mentioned John. He said something like, “and John the way he is now.” I wanted some clarification on that point. I wanted to hear his full thought.

Last edited by michelej1; 05-20-2022 at 12:15 AM..