View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Are you sure they hate Greatest Hits packages??? They've certainly done extremely well out of them financially. I'd reckon Mick in particular loooooves GH's.

As Long As You Follow...a dud??? Each to their own. Perhaps you are referring to its chart placings rather than the quality of the song. Over the years I'd suggest its become a real Fleetwood Mac fan favourite in a way No Questions Asked really hasn't. In my opinion As Long As You Follow is an absolute gem that deserved much greater recognition.
You had me go back and re-read my post OF COURSE I was referring to the charts since I said "I was SURPRISED what a dud it was...." When I heard the Mac was releasing new music in late 1988 I was thrilled. YAY! The new world will finally hear the new Mac with Rick and Billy. WRONG! The song never even cracked the top 40 in the USA and did even worse on your side of the pond. So it surprised me. I was in my teens and would frantically listen to all the top 40 countdowns waiting desperately to hear the song on the top 40. Well it never happened
Another bummer was the video was a mainstay on Vh1 but not really MTV. But in those days VH1 was sort of the adult contemporary and oldies video channel. I loved the video and being winter made it even more romantic.
Did I mention I was SHOCKED the song was basically never played on the radio? I was like...what gives? Its a great song with a great video from a famous group but a flop (meaning not a hit, not my personal preference).
When I first heard the song, I was like. OMG the Mac is going to get a #1 song!!!!
As far as Greatest Hits packages...I am sure Mick loves the sales but since he was not a writer of any of the songs, his cut is not as big as the song writers. Stevie hated when they wanted her to release a greatest hits package and only agreed if it was not called greatest hits and she could add other songs like Beauty and the Beast, etc to make it not sound like a greatest hits album. There is no creativity what so ever and its money for the record label. I am sure Lindsey hated it too. They used to say when a group does a Greatest Hits album their career is over and it means they cant get anymore hit songs. Sounds harsh but since the Mac's Greatest Hits release they have never even cracked the top 20 with any song

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-24-2017 at 04:24 PM..