View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks for the info, macfan4life. I see the song was co-written by Kelly Johnson, who was (is?) Steve's personal assistant at one time, so maybe she knew the person Stevie was writing about, as well.

I can see why it's considered a throwaway song, since it's so not radio friendly. But Sleeping Angel, Battle of the Dragon, and Blue Lamp have also been called throwaway songs, so No Questions Asked is in good company. While I would agree Stevie kept songs she might have thought could be hits for her own solo album, especially after Rock a Little, I'm sure she recorded No Questions Asked with the hope that it would chart. After all, a hit is a hit.
I never heard anyone say Sleeping Angel is a throw away song
Maybe the rockline interview is somewhere you can listen. She talks a lot about the song and how many people live or were living in her house. I think she does also talk about the co-writer. The song does not have much of a melody but I love when Stevie sings outwardly almost yelling throughout the song. I wish the Greatest Hits package had ALL their hits. They should have left off a new song and included Love In Store, Think About Me and Seven Wonders. The song just sounds like a polished demo with no intricate workings. I see Stevie sending over a demo and the band recording it quickly and putting it on the record. The only way anyone was going to hear this song is if As Long As You Follow charted big and there would be a second single.