View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 04:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I love No Questions Asked. Its raw and a big step up from anything Stevie did on Tango or RAL. The group appeared on Rock line in Nov or Dec. 1988 and Stevie spoke extensively about this song. Its written about some guy that was living at her house. I forget the context about the name of the song but she tells it. Its obvious that Stevie contributed a new song instead of one of her vault classics. I am sure she did not want one of her better songs hidden on a Greatest Hits package. In addition she was in the middle of finishing TOSOTM when asked to contribute this song. It sounds like it was a rough cut from her demo. There is a reason for this. She was busy recording her own album to really spend time in the studio with the Mac. Remember that the band and especially Stevie HATE greatest hits packages. Its the record company that makes them do them.
I like the song and how Stevie outwardly sings. Love hearing Christine play keyboards again. Its sad for me to have to say that but her playing took a back seat to Lindsey's programming on Tango.
I was surprised what a dud As Long As You Follow was. Usually a greatest hits package is promoted with a big hit song. The video was good but mainstream radio had no interest in Rick and Billy. It did well on Adult Contemporary stations though.
Funny story: There was a shady bar I used to frequent and there was a jukebox and had Fleetwood Mac's greatest hits. I once played No Questions asked. It really had people interested. I would see so many go up to the jukebox and look what song was playing. They were like " Wow, what Stevie Nicks song is this?"
In any event, I think the quality of the song is consistent to what we got from her and the band on Behind the Mask.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-24-2017 at 05:00 AM..