View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, if he stopped talking about Stevie’s personal choices, no one would bother him. But he’s inviting it. He walks a thin line. He knows he’s not wrong.

And I also have to say that I can’t believe a man who spent years on the road is saying that his wife left him and his kids in a lurch. Do his children want him to tell the press that, even if it’s the truth? I doubt it.

I mean I got the impression he thought something like that about Kristin when he wrote When She Comes Down, but I wish he wouldn’t say those things.
is this early dementia? Social boundaries eroding is one sign of it. I'm being mostly sarcastic, but I do have to wonder WTF he thinks is in all this for him. He stated in one of the interviews that essentially he thinks people like the internal gossip and that was a big part of Rumours' success and so he thinks sharing that sort of personal stuff will generate interest in/sales of this album.

Does he think if she won't let the band do one final lap, that he's going to make sure the world blames her for it??
Is he really still harboring grudges about a relationship that ended 45 years ago??
Someone needs to clue famous old white man that the times the have a-changed and the sympathy will be with her if unsavory sh*t comes out.

By adding in the comments about his wife, it furthers the impression that he always points the finger at the women in his life when things go wrong. Not a good look. Very uncomfortable watching someone step on their own d*ck.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-16-2021 at 03:17 PM..