View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes there was tons of Eagles drama but my point remains. Its a valid comparison of both bands Rumours vs Hotel California and Tusk vs The Long Run

The Long Run was originally slated to be a double album. Who knows, maybe when they heard the Mac was doing one they wanted to copy. Henley did an interview in the mid 80s with Musician magazine where he raved about Lindsey and even had him play on his 1984 solo album. He spoke about Lindsey during Tusk working in his bathroom playing on kleenex boxes. As much as he admired the creativity, its something that Henley would not want to do to his sound. This was also the interview where he said there was talk of members of the Mac and Eagles forming a band of their own.

My point being is the Eagles had no problems or issues using their same winning formula for the follow up to their huge Hotel California even though they were under the same pressure. No one said the Long Run sucked or was Hotel California 2.
Not arguing the point.

The Eagles were always more about sales, and being somewhat "corporate rock" than FM. On FM's part, thanks to ONE person, Lindsey.
"Perfection wasn't an accident" - Glenn Frey.
If memory serves, Lindsey's song on Don's album was, "You Can't Make Love". Yes, the disc is in the next room, but I'd have to get up and go look! It sounds like Lindsey's guitar playing, but I never could really hear his voice on it.

Ever since $tevie got Lindsey fired, I've been much more into the Eagles. I'm absolutely obsessed with History of the Eagles. I've watched the entire thing probably close to 100 times. And the weird thing is that I think both Henley and Frey are COMPLETE DICKS. Horrible, selfish people. Yet I'm inexplicably drawn!