Thread: Mirage at 40
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi! I read the full article and all your comments with a big emotion.
I discovered this gem a few months before its 30th birthday, and quickly became my favourite one...The 12 songs on it made me fall in love, as I started to repeat and repeat the to know them better.

It's always sad to know that Rumours is the limit for every FM album, and even Live was compared in sales with that one. If you see, Mirage had an amazing performance on the charts, but not only on the US, the rest of the world counts, and they loved the album too!! But as the sales were minor that the Rumours' ones, "it was not a full success". And that sucks, really.

Mirage has an special kind of soul that gave me a beautiful moment in my life listening to it. Love In Store became a fav, as Can't Go Back, Book Of Love, Only Over You, Oh Diane and Wish You Were Here. The live versions were so hard to listen, as they had even more energy, and were not even similar to the original ones. Only The Dance version of Gypsy made me believe again haha

Then, when I discovered all the demos, I confirmed that the album was my favourite one. All the songs had a demo even better -sometimes- that the final one, like the longer version of Wish You Were Here, the instrumentals of Oh Diane and Book Of Love or the longer version of Straight Back. The latest release of the album gave me something I've been looking for during ten years, the demo versions of Empire State and Only Over You.

I only have words to say thanks to this album, as it made me play the guitar again, try to make my own music, and gave me the chance to fall in a very amazing world of sounds and dreams listening to it.

Happy Birthday, Mirage!

Last edited by moon; 06-17-2022 at 03:29 PM..