View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The band likes a cash grab, but I don't think they have ever really known how to take advantage of one. Whenever they've had a chance to maximize money making potential they've always fumbled the ball. It's amazing they're as successful as they are, since there are so many missed opportunities in their history. Now, they're just slouching their way out of Bethlehem.
That's a really great point. I'm not sure we would ever have had the deluxe Tusk/Mirage/Tango sets had the record companies not been involved, it's not like they could of collectively agreed to do anything on their own!

Speaking of missed opportunities: I'll always be bummed that they never tried to do a limited theatre run with a really scaled-back, almost unplugged set. Ever since that acoustic version of Gypsy in 2000, I've wanted to hear more. Lindsey already had a jump start with all of the guitar instrumentals he recorded that were played as house music before shows. It's not like they didn't have enough material to make it work.