View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Next to Army of the Dead (the Vegas horror film with Bautista)... is this one funnier?

The Shark character just looks too lame for me.
THE Suicide Squad is not funny or fun. It’s nihilistic and visually repellent.

Meanwhile, here was my mini-review of the original superior film:

Suicide Squad (David Ayer): “You are looking for friends, I’m looking for leverage”: devious Viola Davis sums up divisive Politics 2016. This post-credits dialogue with Bruce Wayne also clarifies the spiritual-comic book underpinning of auteur-producer Zack Snyder and director Ayer’s approach to the conceit of supervillains doing good. Private longings unite this team, as explored in the members’ pop song-scored backstories. Ayer externalizes this longing in graphic-novel imagery that recalls von Sternberg films and Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry music (a karaoke performance of “Love Is the Drug” notably appeared in Snyder’s own Sucker Punch). Such bracing Romanticism climaxes in the final sucker punch landed by MVP Margot Robbie’s Joker-devoted Harley Quinn who refuses to kneel at the altar of power, remaining faithful to an idolatry of love.

2016 JOHNNIE AWARD WINNER: Best Actress (Margot Robbie)

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 08-13-2021 at 08:46 AM..