View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I do think she wanted to leave the band around this time. Dave Mason said that he thought Time would be her last Fleetwood Mac album. She sort of eased out of Fleetwood Mac in a way. She recorded some songs for the Chain box set then the songs for the Time album, then the Dance album & tour. She obviously didn't want to tour again. I remember when I heard that the Rumours line-up would be getting back together again by releasing an album & then tour. I was not surprised that the other 4 had agreed to this, but I was VERY surprised that Christine had agreed to the whole thing since she had said that she was done touring after the BTM tour.

I think her Time songs were more personal than some of her songs on other albums, especially Hollywood, Nights In Estoril & All Over Again. "All Over Again" was her goodbye to Fleetwood Mac. She wrote "Temporary One" about her family in England. By the way, if you listen to her interview on that Best Buy promo CD, you can get a pretty good idea of what she was thinking about at the time.