View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 10:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks for posting this article! I found it really interesting to hear about Billy’s path through the music industry. Goes to show you that, especially in the era Billy came up, there really are so many ways to have a successful career — even if you’re not a huge star. I enjoy his candor too — and he really doesn’t seem to be bitter at all, which is really refreshing. I am surprised that he didn’t know who Neil Finn is, because Crowded House is a well known band, but beyond their big hits off their debut album, most of their fan base is outside the US (I am a huge Neil Finn fan so it shows you how bitter I was about the LB firing that I didn’t see the last FM tour).

It’s funny, now with the perspective of time, one really does see the pattern of the post-Time band so clearly. It really has been the business side leading the decisions, and a lot of it inspired by how much money The Eagles made doing stuff — from Hell Freezes Over/Dance to the Vince Gill/Neil Finn hire. Ironic given the number of times Lindsey compared FM to the Eagles saying that FM was not just about the money. 🤡