View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some posts on social media sites from celebraties.

Bob Segar posted
"As a singer, songwriter and keyboard player, Christine was an undeniable talent, responsible for so much of the success of the great rock band Fleetwood Mac. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family and the band in this difficult time."

Ann Wilson posted
“Christine was a gem. Soulful, classy and a beautiful songwriter. ’Over my head’ was always my sultry, angelic favorite. Bon Voyage sweet soul!" - Ann

Sheryl Crow posted
I am so sad to hear of Christine McVie going on to heaven. The world feels weird without her here. What a legend and an icon and an amazing human being. RIP

Nancy Wilson posted
Christine McVie was an understated genius. Her songs will remain romantic blues anthems for all time. She was the moon to @stevienicks sun.
And together, they had a magic that will never be repeated.
Long live the queen. ��

Chris Isaak posted
A great woman is gone. I was talking about her and her amazing music just a day before hearing she had passed away. I was on my tour bus and the band started talking about Christine’s music. Unanimous fans, my drummer Kenney remembered, “I’ll never forget that Chinese dinner we had in London with her. She was so humble…so modest. So sweet.” I was at that dinner and I remembered it the same way. Her kindness was no surprise to me. Years before, on my first trip to Paris, I had bumped into Christine as I was coming back to my hotel. Her limo was parked out front and she rolled down the window and asked me, “don’t you love Paris?!” And I confessed, I hadn’t seen anything. My record company had kept me sequestered in a room doing interviews every day. She looked shocked and asked, “did you at least see the Eiffel Tower? Or Notre Dame?” I answered, “nothing.” She said, “get in.” I got in her car and she drove me all around Paris pointing out all of the sights. I’ll never forget that act of kindness. I still can’t look at Paris without smiling.
Later on, I would go see her on stage being a rock star in Fleetwood Mac, but I always felt I had seen a glimpse of who she really was. She was a wonderful woman. I miss her. I’m gonna put on her music now. She lives.

Mike Campbell posted
Oh dear…..sweet Christine has left us…..that voice, those eyes, that smile. No one like her in the universe.
I remember in rehearsal once after playing “I’d Rather Go Blind,” she looked at me and said, “I like playing the blues with you, Mike.” I’ve never met anyone with such an angelic aura. Always so kind to everyone.

Haim the Band posted
we write this with tears in our eyes and all over our faces. the sisterhood Stevie and Christine had was so vital to us growing up. seeing two strong women support each other in our favorite band has had such a huge impact on us throughout our lives. from playing “say that you love me” in rockinhaim since 1999 to seeing christine sing “over my head” live in 2015, she has been a constant inspiration. rip beautiful songbird ❤️❤️❤️

Duran Duran posted
So so sad to hear about Christine McVie, an artist I held dear and close to my heart. One of the greatest all time songwriters, singers, and band members, she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John

Roseanne Cash posted
Such a great songwriter, singer, and a beautiful presence in Fleetwood Mac. A truly sad loss. #christinemcvie

Rita Wilson posted
We have lost our songbird
@christinemcvieofficial Christine Perfect
McVie. Christine showed me that a woman
could compose, play and be a leader of a
band. Her hits are massive only equaled by
her humility. I always felt she loved her place
behind the keys, secure in her talent. This
year she did an orchestral album called
Songbird of many of her hits. She was still
creating, still curious. I never got to meet her
but I feel as if I know her through her music.
What a gift she has been to her fans all over
the world. Her music lives on.

Bill Clinton posted
I’m saddened by the passing of Christine McVie. “Don’t Stop” was my ’92 campaign theme song - it perfectly captured the mood of a nation eager for better days. I’m grateful to Christine & Fleetwood Mac for entrusting us with such a meaningful song. I will miss her.

Neil Finn posted
It’s a very sad day. Christine McVie was a unique and soulful woman, supremely gifted songwriter and a warm and wonderful friend. I am so grateful to have shared some hours in her beautiful presence.

Steve Winwood
“Christine was a lovely lady. I knew her briefly in the early days of the blues and folk scene in Birmingham, then later in the mid 80s when she lived in L.A., and shortly after I was lucky and privileged to play on one of her solo albums.
She had a beautiful alto voice that had elements of blues and church choral music, which in many ways set her apart from some of her melismatic contemporaries. Her beautiful, syllabic style was a joy to listen to. Together with her engaging, heartfelt songs she will be greatly missed. R.I.P. Christine” - SW

Last edited by Jondalar; 12-01-2022 at 03:41 PM..