View Single Post
Old 03-27-2022, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
unfortunately, it's a smaller percentage of the population, people know it's FM song and call Nicks a Songbird, since she's the face. i've seen some music "critics" wrote articles like that too, apparently thinking SN wrote Songbird. same as most people think SN wrote and sings GYOW, you know it's her "top hat" signature song.

so taking all that into account it is more than appropriate that Christine takes Songbird back where it belongs, and owns it once and for all.

i've recently seen a discussion on FB with some random guy being completely oblivious about the fact that Christine wrote double the amount of FM hits Stevie and Lindsey did and claiming that's just an "opinion" and asking to name the hits.
elle, I think you pay far more attention to Chiffonheads than you should. I mean, if someone called Stevie a ‘songbird,’ I highly doubt it was because they thought she wrote or sang the song Songbird. Songbird is a poetic term, like enchantress or some other silly word, ethereal is another word that comes to mind. Or maybe not silly, but those kinds of words are often used to describe her. I would hardly use songbird to describe Lindsey, or ethereal to describe Christine. Songbird does fit Christine because she wrote it, but it does tend to be used to describe female singers, not male singers.

Furthermore, if someone thought or thinks that Stevie wrote ago Your Own Way, then they’re clearly not a Fleetwood Mac fan.