View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Behind The Mask is coming up in threads a lot recently and it made me think--this lineup is somewhat unique even among other bands because on the Christine and Stevie songs (like Skies The Limit and As Long As You Follow), you have a woman singing the lead and two rather male-voiced men singing backing vocals.

It's an interesting vocal mix. But I think I prefer the female backing vocals of the Rumours lineup (including Lindsey's girly backing vocals).
Wow, excellent observation about the vocals. You're right, the post-Rumours era was an interesting vocal mix. I think one of the reasons I loved BTM so much was because it seemed like the band really returned to that Rumours-era of backing vocals and harmonies. All my favorite songs on Say You Will were the ones where Lindsey and Stevie sang together and the ones I cared the least about, generally, were the songs where their vocals were isolated. I felt the same way about the Buck/Vie album, too, although I do like the latter album more.

I laughed at your comment about Lindsey's "girly backing vocals." I don't know if I would have used that term, but it's actually pretty accurate. I don't know, I guess I've always says thought his vocals were the perfect balance of masculinity- strong and masculine, but not overpowering. I LOVE Lindsey's vocals on FM and Rumours, as well as the Buck/Nicks album. And his vocals on Book of Love from Mirage are so underrated.