View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudden22
My former employer came in on Friday and I overheard him telling my new boss that I am gay and “to watch out because he tried to file a complaint on us”. I am assuming that they must know each other. My new boss did not say anything so far, but it happened towards the end of my shift on Friday. I guess I will find out on Monday.

I do not whether I should talk to him about it or not. If this becomes a problem again I may very well go crazy. I have never felt so powerless and frustrated in my life.
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation.
It boils my blood that this stuff still goes on, but, since you said it was a church organization you worked for, I'm not at all surprised by their behaviour (wouldn't Jesus be proud? ).

If I were you, I would talk to my new employer.
I would explain to him that you were dismissed from your former job, for reasons that had absolutely nothing to do with your work ethic or capabilities, and that that's what you took issue with.
Let him know you're not a "problem employee," and that you want to be an asset to the store, not a liability.

If he's a fair and reasonable person, he should be impressed that you were upfront with him about the situation.

And who knows, your boss might have even gone home Friday night, and said to his wife, "I ran into ______ today -- can you believe he had fired our new employee just for being gay? What a jerk!"