View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 'Songbird' producers to release Lindsey compilation next

LOS ANGELES--Hot off the heels of Christine McVie's first-ever solo compilation, Songbird, the same team led by visionary producer Glyn Johns has announced a new compilation featuring the music of fellow Fleetwood Mac veteran, Lindsey Buckingham.

"After completing Songbird, we wondered whether there were any other artists whose classic songs we could improve with our masterful touch," said Johns.

"Someone suggested Lindsey Buckingham. 'Brilliant!' I said. A bit of tweaking on my laptop and many beverages later, we soon had a complete reworking of Lindsey's catalog."

"After that, it was just a matter of selecting the best track listing. Taking a cue from Songbird, we used our patented song selection method of putting song names in a hat and drawing out ten of his very best tunes completely at random."

"We think this compilation will have broad appeal," said Johns. "Some of these tracks haven't been heard by anyone before--even Lindsey Buckingham--so it really represents the best of his body of work."

"If this was the last album Lindsey put out, it will be a fantastic legacy to finish off his career, just like Songbird helped finish off Christine's legacy."

The expertly curated track listing for Lindsey Buckingham - I'm So Afraid To Listen is as follows:

1. D.W. Suite - extended mix
2. It Was I - radio single
3. Not That Funny - full 18 minute live version
4. Play In The Rain - part twelve
5. Holiday Road - dog only vocal mix
6. The Complete Poetry of Emily Dickinson
7. Voice Message 6/3/2021
8. Bwana Family Man - mashup
9. I'm So Afraid - orchestral remix
10. Go Your Own Way - percussion remix

"Of course there were one or two songs we absolutely had to include," Johns added. "When I heard what Dick Van Dyke had managed to do with I'm So Afraid, I knew I had made the right choice."

Johns explained that the ninety-six year old Van Dyke still had his one-man-band equipment from the Mary Poppins film, and was all too keen to have a go at layering new instrumentals over Buckingham's haunting vocals. "Some say that Dick has started to lose his sense of hearing or rhythm in recent years, but my secretary checked what he had submitted and she didn't notice anything amiss. I had her send the track straight to the mastering studio. I can't wait to hear it for the first time when I get my copy of the album."

"Mr. Van Dyke was delighted and honored to be a part of this compilation for Buckingham Palace on the occasion of Her Majesty's jubilee," a spokesperson for the famed nonagenarian said in a statement.

I'm So Afraid - orchestral remix
http://sndup.net/3wg3

Johns says that he is personally happiest with the percussion remix of Go You Own Way.

"Go Your Own Way is ubiquitous. It's the quintessential Lindsey Buckingham song. So we made some improvements. Obviously the original drumming needed an update, so we pushed that back in the mix and brought in the Desi Arnaz Tribute Band. These guys are great. Fans will be left speechless!"

Go Your Own Way - percussion remix
http://sndup.net/mgwx

Lindsey Buckingham - I'm So Afraid To Listen will be available in stores soon, pending legal proceedings between the production team and Lindsey Buckingham.