View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Well today I have a bit more respect for Bare Trees, so maybe I've discovered something from what is now a six-day Mac-fest.

I have worked my way through Kiln House, Future Games and Bare Trees. Kiln House I have always enjoyed and have played semi-regularly in the past. Future Games and Bare Trees have often been consigned to the back of the drawer never to see the light of day.

I haven't quite finished Bare Trees yet, the dreaded Mrs Scarrott is still to come - oh how I hate that track! However the tracks I have listened to I have actually reasonably enjoyed. Danny's Chant however annoys me - it is almost like he wrote some music and never bothered putting words to it, as if it should never have seen release.

I've still got Dust to listen to as well as Mrs Scarrott, but that certainly isn't anything to look forward to. I have never understood why people like Dust - to me it is one of Danny's worst songs, but I might yet be proven wrong tomorrow morning.

I'll do the Madison Blues set tomorrow, forgot to take it with me today or I'd have listened to it before FG and BT. Oh well

Oh and one final though for today, I know a lot of you love Christine (though she is one of my least favourite of the 16) but I really think the version of Sentimental Lady on French Kiss is much better than the one on BT. Today for the first time in about 15 years I have worked out why - there is far too much Christine on backing vocals on the BT version.

I am looking forward to Saturday when I get to Mystery to Me, Penguin and Heroes, my three favourite albums of the whole damn lot!
Love "Dust"...one of Danny's top 5 songs, very beautiful.

So which members do you like? Not really Peter Green, not so much Danny Kirwan, not Christine McVie...is Stevie Nicks the answer? Just curious.