Thread: Mirage at 40
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Your island and my island are connected by a bridge called Law and Order. Empire State could have fit easily on that fantastic solo album. On Mirage, it’s a weird yet welcome up-tempo moment with a great guitar solo and a lovable chorus (those forty Lindseys doing their oohs and ahhs). I remember the reviewer for Rolling Stone affectionately referred to it as asinine. I would agree. A truly stupid, lovable song I rarely skip over.

Potentially Interesting Trivia: In tempo and (sort of) theme Buckingham’s “Empire State” resembles Welch’s “The City,” which was also about NYC. Whereas Welch mines fear and paranoia, Buckingham goes for goofball valentine. Both feature killer guitar solos and both open the second side of the fourth studio FM record each guitarist contributed to during their respective tenures.
Law and Order is my all time favorite Lindsey album. Realize that I was in the HEIGHT of my insane FM fandom, and I love every note to this QUIRKY WEIRD ASSED ALBUM. I probably wouldn't give it the time of day now, if it came out now, but I love this album SO MUCH. Lindsey at his f*cking weirdest!!!!!