View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default this is very funny

1.) Go Your Own Way- Fleetwood Mac

Duh. Of course Fleetwood Mac would be number one. Every God forsaken song is about their messed up incestuous familial unit. It's hard to pick just one song because there are like ten million songs of them where they're all whining and bitching about each other. Christine divorced John, Stevie left Lindsey, Stevie slept with Mick, Lindsey pouted a lot and made weird, retarded dance moves while playing the guitar. To every Stevie's "I'm going to refer to you as a metaphorical crystal!" song, Lindsey wrote a, "I hate you, farm animal- sounding devil woman!" guttural equivalent. There is no better example of Lindsey's wrath than the classic hit Go Your Own Way- Lindsey's big ol' "f you" to his former flame. Stevie dumped Lindsey during the making of Rumours due to Lindsey having his big ol' white-man fro shoved so far up his ass. He was really taken aback by the dump, which is strange considering EVERY SONG ON THE PRIOR ALBUM FLEETWOOD MAC WAS ABOUT STEVIE'S UNHAPPINESS IN THE RELATIONSHIP. Lindsey was so hurt and pissed by Stevie's gall, that he wrote the most blatantly childish and emotionally bipolar I Hate You!/No, I Love You! songs of the 1970's. Go Your Own Way is about as psycho as a twenty-one year old girl with daddy issues. In the song, Lindsey runs the emotional gamut from questioning- "How can I ever change things that I feel?"- to generosity- "I'd give you my world"- to anger- "Go your own way!"- to accusatory- "Shacking up is all you wanna do"- to optimism- "Everything is waiting for you". It's obvious Lindsey didn't know what he was thinking or feeling. If his aim was to piss Stevie off, then he succeeded. Stevie is quoted as saying that she wanted to walk over and strangle him onstage every time the line, "Shacking up is all you wanna do" came out of his mouth. Lindsey and Stevie's drama was bad for them, but great for us. Their twisted little soap opera ran for decades- long after the pair split up- with an estimated 30 songs written about each other. Sadly, the drama has quieted in their old age. Lindsey finally settled down and had kids, Stevie lives alone and collects Yorkies and dream catchers.

http://hipstercrite.blogspot.com/201...messed-up.html