Thread: RIP Eddy Q.
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

43 years?!?

He was out of the band for ten years, she was out of the band for sixteen, and there were extended breaks. It was maybe a third of that.

And, she DID help Mick, to the tune if $50,000 in 1984 money.

Christine was never going to side with Lindsey over Mick or John. She’s been financially linked to the band for all but one year of its existence. Did you see that making of “In The Meantime” video? She had the pictures of Mick and John from like 1976 listening to music hanging on her walls.
Plus, this had nothing to do with Christine. I'm pretty sure this was all done without her knowledge. There's a rumour she did quit after she found out about it. I agree she would side with the Brits. That's her roots, her family, her history. Had she quit, they'd have gone on without her. Don't underestimate Stevie Micks. They had this planned before Musicares. They found their excuse. Christine looks so happy at musicares. This probably broke her heart in one way.

The other side of it was that Stevie and Lindsey were fighting all the way since 2003. (and a lot during the Dance Tour) I remember Christine mentioning that she did get sick of that tension as they grew older. There had to be some relief she didn't have to be in the middle anymore. It just sucks that Stevie didn't just go have her solo career. But, I think that might hurt her in some ways. And sales wise hurt the band.