View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't think her writing declined. I think she was burning out as the 80's progressed. The Tusk Tour took a lot out of all 5 of them.

I give kudos to Stevie Nicks for how much work she put in. Back then it wasn't all ego. I felt that she loved to write, and perform. And that she did.

Christine mentioned wanting to just sit by the pool between albums and tours. I wished she had done more solo work. She was good at it. I love her 3 1/2 albums and the Chicken Shack cuts of hers.

The small tour in 1984 really got me hooked into her crafts. Her quirky keyboard playing, her unique voice, and her nutty personality.

By 1990 I think she was done with the Rock life. I saw her personality change from Tango to BTM. But the time the Dance reunion, she looked beautiful, but burnt. She was on fumes for that tour.
She definitely was not having fun during the Dance. You could see it in her face. I think she committed to the Dance in her usual Christine fashion of always putting the band before herself. She did it for them. It also was good for her and put some major cash into her life before her retirement.
The Eagles reunion really made it happen. The promoters saw how much money they were making and convinced everyone to come back and the money was too good to pass up. The Dance tour was sold out everywhere. I remember standing in line and they had to raffle places in line. I was lucky and got in relatively early to buy tickets yet did not score good seats.