View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Haha!! You are crazier than Karen!

But seriously, Love Shines, Heart of Stone, Sooner or Later, ALAYF
I know you hear the nuances that Eddy brought. I would have loved a Quintela/McVie album. Maybe something like: Christine McVie The Reds and Blues of Love 1985.

If she kept writing hits like Got A Hold On Me and Toured albums like Stevie. My guess is she would be somewhere between Nicks and Buck in sales and tour grossing. Guesting Stevie would have helped, too.

Too bad she was tired by the mid 80's. It was nearing 20 years of touring and making records by 1985. But her writing had a lot of potential. Friend and You Are would have been stellar in the 80's. As we saw by 1990's tour she was burnt, leaving the Dance her final contributions. I never really liked Temp. One. Always thought it was vanilla compared to ALAYF, and the above.
I dont think she was tired in the mid 80s. She was on top of her game. She claimed to be the only member of the band that actually enjoyed making the Tango album. She also seemed to really enjoy the Tango tour. The 1994 California earthquake really freaked her out and she decided to pack up and move back to England. She agreed to do the Dance but clearly she was not having fun and would not budge on extending even a few dates.
She was loyal to the band even doing Time in 1995. I think her father's death in 1990 was the turning point for her to finally hang it up. The Mac shut down the tour for a few months but she and the band made up the dates. It was this time that she put out the statement the newly "Farewell tour" would be her last.