View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I share your disappointment - the bootleg of that Cleveland show is one of the best I have from Tusk. They were firing on every cylinder they had.

But also, the Spotify sound is . It is SO much better sounding than what was released on Mirage Deluxe. I'm hearing things with Lindsey's guitar and Chris's organ that was always way too muddled on the Mirage video, Deluxe, or any bootlegs from that tour. I'll take the screwup on this one because this is still quite a treat!

I'll be honest, I wouldn't be mad if the Sisters was also from the Forum in 1982.
Kinda makes sense what I think they’ve done — release live songs from tours or tour legs that the Tusk Deluxe did not include (isn’t this all coming from Rhino?). Thus, a 1980 “Rhiannon” on the Tusk Deluxe means that it would not be included on this Live redux. There was a 1980 “Chain” on the Tusk Deluxe, so opting for a 1982 “Chain” is what they did here. Similarly, a 1979 “WMYTYTO” on the Tusk Deluxe means that they went for a 1980 performance here. A 1980 “Sisters” before is now a 1982 “Sisters,” and so on. Just my hunch.

But if there was an effort to mix and match tours, it would inevitably lead to some errors in labeling. I would say to them again: just release the entire shows and don’t worry about shuffling. I hate it when somebody else decides for me which cuts from a concert represent the acme. For the Tusk Deluxe, I didn’t want to hear a live “Tusk” from St. Louis — that performance had nothing noteworthy about it. The song hadn’t even evolved into a bizarre new shape so early in the tour. Plus it was already on the video. Amateurs should not be involved in these live cut decisions!

moviekinks.blogspot.com